Former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, on Thursday, expressed disappointment with the broadcast of the President, Major General
Muhammadu Buhari (retd), on Thursday night.
Fayose, in a tweet, described Buhari’s broadcast as “speechless speech,” said, “I warned Nigerians.”
Many Nigerians had in the last few days been calling on the President to address the youths who had been protesting police brutality under the banner of #EndSARS demonstrations in many parts of the country.
Nigerians also expected the President, in his capacity as Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation, to answer pertinent questions about events that culminated into the deployment of troops on unarmed youths at the Lekki toll gate on Tuesday night but Buhari was silent on the matter.
Eyewitnesses had said soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters around 7pm at the toll gate, adding that about seven persons died in the attack.
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, while on a visit to the injured youths on Tuesday night, had also said about 30 of the young protesters were receiving treatment in various hospitals around the Lekki area.
Sanwo-Olu had said he did not order the deployment of uniformed men to the protest ground.
But the President was silent on the incident which has been condemned by both local and international civil rights groups and personalities.
Earlier, Fayose had said, “Life does not matter to a clueless leader whose only fulfilment is that he is called Mr President. He cares about no one except himself.”
Post a Comment